Institute for College Preparation
For over two decades, the Institute for College Preparation (ICP) has provided intensive, comprehensive, pre-college academic enrichment to middle and high school students enrolled in targeted D.C. public schools. Students begin the program in the 7th grade as a cohort, and continue through their high school graduation. During the program, students are exposed to rigorous course work via a carefully developed curriculum offered to students in Saturday Academy classes and Summer Institute on Georgetown University’s campus. This academic enrichment curriculum is enhanced by:
- Academic tutoring and mentorship in coordination with the students’ schools
- Summer enrichment programs via a study abroad and residential college experience
- College exposure via tours and admissions sessions
- Assistance with test preparation and the college application process
- Facilitation of connections to other needed resources
- And other academic and personal counseling for students and their families to inspire a college-going culture
2021 Institute for College Prep Summer Experience
Our summer programming has begun!
Congratulations to our ICP students who were invited to participate in our dual-enrollment program. They will be taking credit-bearing courses in the Fall of 2021.
As we are engaging in a hybrid environment through our 2021 Virtual Summer Institute, take a look at how our students are participating. Our Summer Institute kicked off Monday, July 5th, 2021.
We invite you to stay connected with us by visiting the COVID-19 Updates webpage, as we navigate the impact of this pandemic in our communities and programs.