Institute for College Preparation
For over two decades, the Institute for College Preparation (ICP) has provided intensive, comprehensive, pre-college academic enrichment to middle and high school students enrolled in targeted D.C. public schools. Students begin the program in the 7th grade as a cohort, and continue through their high school graduation. During the program, students are exposed to rigorous course work via a carefully developed curriculum offered to students in Saturday Academy classes and Summer Institute on Georgetown University’s campus. This academic enrichment curriculum is enhanced by:
- Academic tutoring and mentorship in coordination with the students’ schools
- Summer enrichment programs via a study abroad and residential college experience
- College exposure via tours and admissions sessions
- Assistance with test preparation and the college application process
- Facilitation of connections to other needed resources
- And other academic and personal counseling for students and their families to inspire a college-going culture
Saturday Academy Dates
Great job to our students and staff as they are wrapping up their virtual summer institute!
Congratulations to our ICP students who were invited to participate in our dual-enrollment program. They will be taking credit-bearing courses in the Fall of 2020.
As we are engaging in a virtual environment through our 2020 Virtual Summer Institute, take a look at how our students are participating. Our Summer Institute kicked off Monday, July 6th, 2020.
We invite you to stay connected with us by visiting the COVID-19 Updates webpage, as we navigate the impact of this pandemic in our communities and programs.